Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Delta Delta! - Delta Delta! EP [2008]

Whoo another female fronted pop-punk band. Don't let the cliche fool you these kids have put together an amazing four track EP. Considering none of these kids were even old enough to drive when this EP came out I'd say it was an excellent effort. I always say I dont like to compare, but I do I actually love it so here it goes, this band sounds like Hey Monday if they were'nt so damn cheesy. The lead singer Kelc doesnt have the strongest voice or the best range but she has an endearing quality that is sincere and accompanies her vocal style well; listening to the lyrics you cant help but to like her and considering she was about 15 when this was recorded she will undoubtedly get alot better. Musically the band uses a less produced style, you wont hear any keyboards or syth on this album. I would desribe most of these tracks as poppy with an edge, there are a few mild breakdowns tossed here and there which make for an exciting listen especially if your a fan of the genre. Simply put these kids put together an amazing EP that isnt lacking in any of the four tracks. This is just really good pop-punk. Sadly I have to inform you all that the band and lead singer Kelc parted ways late last year.(they have a new singer and are currently working on another EP) Apparently the band didnt like the fact that she was gay and decided they didn't want her anymore. I dont support this in any way and I had a tough time deciding if I was going to post this EP because it would give these kids attention which I dont think they deserve. However this is still an amazing piece of independant music and I felt the need to share it so I decided to post it even though I dont consider myself a fan of the "band".

Sounds Like: Parmore, Hey Monday
Stand Out Tracks: Granpa Built A Castle Cake

Track Listing:
1. Lilians Safai
2. Vampires
3. Granpa Built A Castle Cake
4. AEIOU and sometimes why

No comments:

Post a Comment