Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Renfue - Renfue EP [2008]

This female fronted pop-punk band is probably one of the two or three best unsigned bands I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. I don't like making comparisons like this but I think of this band as a middle ground somewhere between Flyleaf and Paramore in a land where everything is inexplicably wonderful. All jokes aside this band is really talented and is anchored by the powerful and controlled voice of thier lead singer Yvonne. Her range is phenominal alot better than most singers male or female. Not to be left out the rest of the band manages to create music that finds a balance between simple, poppy and catchy. Considering this is an unsigned band the production quality is great. Now after gushing over these guys I have to sadly say it appears as if the band has broken up. Their Myspace and every other social networking site have been abandoned. I've been following this band for almost two years now and the last time they gave any indication of new shows or music was in the summer of '09. Their myspace page was updated once early this year but it wasnt anything that indicated any new music or that they were even still a band. I wish all the members of this band nothing but the best and hope that we eventually see them continue to make great music weather its together or individually.

Myspace: Myspace.com/renfue
Sounds Like: Flyleaf, Paramore
Standout Tracks: all of them

Track Listing:
1. Redemption
2. What You Wanted
3. This Moment
4. I've Said Too Much

Bonus Tracks (the last few songs they recorded)
6. Dancing With A Liar
7. Dear Friend
8. We Know (acoustic)

download

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this band. I followed them for a long time too.. D:

    ReplyDelete