Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What Hands Are For - Loud Ass [2007]


What Hands Are For is a four peice post-hardcore band from California and their first release Loud Ass shows off their technical talent and genre bending abilities completely. This band has a unique set up for their genre using only one guitar which allows you to actually hear the bass and creates more rhythmic music. As for comparisons the lead singer reminds me slightly of bendon Urie of Panic at the Disco and the screamer sounds similar to Jon Mess of Dance Gavin Dance. As for a full band comparison they remind me of a huge mash up of Dance Gavin Dance, Emery, and Panic At The Disco. The band is offering both of their EP's for sale on their website at the price of your choice so I'm going to link to their site. These guys are quickly becoming one of my favorite bands.

myspace
Sounds Like: Dance Gavin Dance, Emery
Stand Out Tracks: all of them

Track Listing:
1. I Think We've Said Enough
2. We Move Clouds
3. Media. My Machine
4. Society As It Figures and Disfigures
5. Ask Us, Ask Me

download

No comments:

Post a Comment