Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Now, Now Every Children - Cars [2008]

This album is pure indie rock bliss. This album came out in late 2008 and I played it all the way through 2009. I'm not going to beat around the bush I love this album and this band. The band takes a LoFi recording approach to this album mixing understated vocals with a keyboard and simple drum patterns Now, Now Every Children create something thats too cute to ignore just like their band name. Lead singer Cacie Dalger also handles one of the guitars in the band along with Bradley Hale on the Drums, the duo creates all of the music (as far as I know) along with three other touring members Christine Sako(Bass), Britty Hale(keyboard), and Jess Abbott(Guitar). The thing about this band is that they dont make the mistake of using too much synth in any songs. However they are at their best when they head into a fast paced frenzy like the end of their first Single Friends With My Sister. Some songs don't hit as hard as others like Have You Tried but still manage to hold their own on an album thats filled with songs that could be singles. Final thought if your a fan of Eisley or Tegan & Sara you'll love the direction that Now, Now Every Children is taking the indie rock genre, and even if you dont they'll probably win you over. Final Final thought I expect nothing less than this band to become indie rock legends.

Myspace
Sounds Like: Eisley, Tegan & Sara, Death Cab For Cutie
Stand Out Tracks: Friends With My Sister, Not One But Two, In My Chest


Track Listing:
1. Not One, But Two
2. Everyone You Know
3. Have You Tried
4. Sleep Through Summer
5. Friends With My Sister
6. In My Chest
7. Headlights
8. In The City
9. We Know Martha Weber
10. Little Brother
11. Cars


Download

1 comment:

  1. I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these days.I recently came to know about http://toysuae.com/, their Children Cars are very effective.
    Children Cars

    ReplyDelete