Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Midnight Matinee - Contrast in Color [2008]

This EP came out in 2008 and I'm sad to say I just heard about this band late last year. I came across a short clip of Jonny Craig singing the song Melanie on youtube and I fell in love with the little bit of the song I heard. This band does not disappoint on this EP. I've heard a lot of people classify this band as Post-Hardcore, however I just dont see it. They do have a heavier sound than other bands that make the same kind of music, but it's far from what I would consider Post-Hardcore. Anyway, their music is pretty calm. The music is very ambient, lots of guitar tinkering and smooth drums and bass. The lead singer is amazing, he falls somewhere between Jonny Craig and Craig Owens. He can hit crazy highs and bring it back down to a lower more soulful sound in an instant. Last thought... this band will be pretty big in this scene in a few years.

Myspace
Sounds Like: Coheed & Cambria
Stand Out Tracks: Melanie


Track Listing:
1. Contrast In Color Pt. 1
2. Contrast In Color Pt. 2
3. Melanie
4. Love Its True Enough
5. A Work In Progress
6. These Walls Are Talking
7. The Feeling


download

3 comments:

  1. wow these guys sound really great

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're one of my favorite unsigned bands. I really hope they can get out a full length soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One will be coming out soon as a matter of fact! We're almost done recording it.

      Delete